Thursday, September 11, 2008

I know I know I know...i'm a slacker!

So as you all know I stink at this posting stuff! I make goals to try and post things and never seem to do it religiously! Patience is a virtue people! Just love me!! :) So let me kind of recap on our summer! We have been super super busy with school and work, that we havent really had time to take tooo much of a vacation! However we were able to get away for the 4th of July weekend and play up in Idaho Falls! It was a blast I love it there! That is where I eventually want to retire and hang out with my sweetheart everyday! Life seems like it is in slowmotion up there and things are a bit more relaxed! Small town life!

I have been up to Idaho a number of times since we have been married but this time I was super anxious! It was 4th of July and I have heard nothing but amazing things about the fireworks show that Melaluca puts on every year! Let me tell you that it was definitely legendary! Unbelievable! As many of you know, I grew up in good ole Mesa AZ! And the fireworks and activities for the 4th arent anything super extraordinary so being able to sit and watch a real live parade where the whole town gets together followed by a carnival and all that fun stuff was so entertaining to me! Needless to say! I loved it! Nate and I have decided that we wanted to make this a tradition in our family and to try and go up to Idaho every year for the firework show! We loved hanging out with the family! I guess I just got lucky and ended up with the best inlaws ever! We didnt geta whole bunch of pictures of the trip because silly me forgot the camera but luckily I was able to steal one from my sister inlaws blog! (thanks sarah!) Its not the most flattering pic, but you get the point!

Loving every minute of it!

3 comments:

Criscell said...

How fun! Wish we could have seen you guys but we were stuck here in good ol' AZ. The fireworks are great, huh!

The Parkers said...

You were just about 10 minutes away from my house in Idaho Falls!! Idaho is a great place and is a lot slower than AZ and a lot cooler...glad you enjoyed the fireworks!

dani said...

OH MY GOSH! DO come every year! we miss you!